Monday, January 22, 2007

This last weekend brought more much needed rain to north Texas, and as thankful as I am to get it I gotta say that I was happy to see the sun come out on Sunday and the temperature rise to almost 60...I am told things will moderate though during the coming week with another chance or two of rain before next weekend...despite the bad weather early on things were buzzin pretty good at the Cadillac Pizza Pub over the weekend with Hash Brown on Friday night, and Wanda King there on Saturday night...seemed like folks wanted to get out and have a good time!...


Other interesting things to happen over the weekend included the announcement from the Clinton camp that Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton was indeed throwing her hat into the ring for the 2008 Presidential race...good for her!!!...I guess...maybe a better way of putting it is good for the Democratic Party...I guess...our political system is based on the idea that anyone who can qualify (under the law) can run for office, and she will, no doubt, qualify, so I applaud her exercising of her right to run...I admit (Republican that I am) that at first this announcement really got under my skin...but the more I think about it the happier I am...I believe in freedom of choice, and so for me Senator Clinton will be nothing more than another choice, and voice, for the Democrats to choose from...the question of course, is will she offer any solutions to the problems facing the country now, or will it be the same old dog and pony show that is always a part of the electoral process? We shall see...and I shall keep an open mind about it...I am not sexist by any stretch of the imagination, well...maybe a little...and this announcement is certainly no real surprise...but in my own mind I have already decided that party affiliation can have no place in the upcoming Presidential race, because as a country we have some real serious issues to face ahead and some serious decisions to make - and frankly folks the two party system is not going to get it done this time...this time we need to think "out of the box" a little and vote for the person who has the best chance of turning some of these problems around - even if that person is an independent or a Democrat...more about this another day...