Monday, August 16, 2010


More scenes from the "Echo" show...The count I read earlier was that 450+ visited Laura's gallery, and that can't be right cause downtown was flooded with sheeple out there spending money like it grows on trees and enjoying themselves...just not on art! As I moved back and forth between Laura's main gallery and the "echo" gallery at MPAC I could see nothing but people...and it remained fairly congested at both locations till late in the evening...the bars, restaurants, and clubs in downtown were pretty busy as well...I'm guessing people think there is a "recovery" in the air, and they are more willing to part with their cash, now if we can just get them to BUY ART things will be fine!! Artists need to eat too ya know!! What I am saying here is that if you want an energetic, vivacious art scene here in McKinney and Collin County in general then you have to be willing to help support that art community by helping to make it possible for them to continue to make art, and hopefully enrich each of our lives in some way...just sayin'...



When I got to The Pub around 10ish it was crowded as well...