Sunday, March 23, 2008

From the Shenandoah site:

I remember when the US Dollar allowed me to buy candy for a nickel……

I remember when American cars were completely manufactured in America….

I remember when televisions were made in America….

I remember when Christian holidays were respected and “Spring” was just a season…or winter…or solstices….

I remember when Daylight Savings Time started and it sucked then just as much as it does now…..

I remember when “God” was not an obscene word or concept….

I remember when being an American first was not something you had to hide….

I remember watching television and not worrying about obscene words or behavior….

I remember when “Communism” was considered an evil and the Constitution a blessing….

I remember when politicians were caught in a lie they would actually feel shame….short-lived as it was…

I remember when your local bankster shook your hand and thanked you for your business instead of looking up your credit score to see if he or she wanted to talk to you…..

I remember when owning a home meant creating a neighborhood….

I also remember when “flipping” referred to coins or burgers and not homes…..

I remember when kids actually played outside instead of against each other via online interactive games or the internet….

I remember when getting that first job actually meant something to a sixteen year old….

I remember when credit cards were hard to get….

I remember when radio stations only broadcast in English as their primary language in the United States…

I remember when Civil Defense was a serious issue and homeland security meant preparing for war…..

I remember when illegals were ashamed of being caught….

I remember when being a “typical white person” wasn’t really an issue; we never really looked at color the way people do these days when I grew up….in the Deep South….

I remember when saving money was encouraged and spending foolishly as it is advised now, was frowned upon….

I remember when the price of gold last topped $800….and what happened to our economy….

I remember when lumberjacks were viewed with admiration by little boys as a profession instead of pushed out of business by Marxist environmentalist whackjobs….

I remember when most of our lumber came from the U.S.A. instead of Brazil or China also…..

I remember when a family farmer did not have to answer to faceless bureaucrats in Washington, D.C. about the water quality in their toilets….

I remember when people who got sick from eating foreign produce used to actually get upset and stop buying foreign produce…..

I remember when the Constitution was the word of law and “feelings” were something you worried about with your wife….

I remember when Castro was accurately portrayed as a murdering Communist thug….

I remember when 24 rolls of toilet paper was cheaper than a gallon of gas…..

I remember when a gallon of milk was cheaper than a gallon of gas…..

I remember when gasoline was rationed and inflation was actually feared….

I remember when it was viewed that the government’s business needed to stay out of mine to promote the greater good…

I remember when the idea of “chipping” a pet or livestock was viewed as radical and evil….

I remember when doctors were not scared to treat their patients due to lawsuits….

I remember when lawyers had some degree of honor……

I remember when Newt Gingrich taught a lesson to a class I was in and said that (paraphrasing) History was the most noble of studies…

I remember when the Federal Reserve actually cared about the value of the dollar…..as well as the Treasury….

I remember when our military was allowed to fight to win………..

I remember when “political correctness” was viewed as a joke….alas, no more…..

I remember when Jesus was celebrated in birth, death and rebirth….

Celebrate today.

America needs people to start believing in what founded this nation in it’s principles and moral guidance, not moral hazards.

Happy Easter to All and God Bless!