Saturday, February 16, 2008



Its not that this is a great image cause its not...in fact by my own standards it stinks...

Its all about the method and way it was taken...this is one of the first images taken with my new 110mm 5x7 pinhole camera, F220, on a paper neg (pending the arrival of film)...and then scanned instead of contact printed to save time...basically because it was shot at F220 on a paper negative the exposure for this was a little over 14 min in heavy overcast conditions...these cameras have no viewfinder, no shutter, or control over the aperture (its built in), your only control is in the amount of time of exposure...you wing it and hope for the best...but after shooting it for awhile I am sure I will be able to gauge fairly accurately what will be exposed before I ever pull the slide out...

I am really looking forward to further explorations with this camera...I can see it has real potential...the original lenseless camera...very old school...very cool!