Friday, April 27, 2007


Whew! I am tired today! For those who still live under the delusion that downtown McKinney is a dud during the week I am here to tell you thats not the case!...while the Cadillac Pizza Pub had the Vince Luhan Band playing good tunes for everyone until close, Poppy's had Banda Kenkajou playing salsa music... and some good folks from Art of Dance in McKinney out there teaching people how to salsa and tango - there was heaps and gobs of energy flowing at both places...


Last night also brought the grand opening of Rick's Chophouse at the Grand Hotel...
where I found these lovely ladies enjoying the charity benefit for McKinney Main Street, Samaritan Inn and Love Life Foundation...I probably owe the owner of Rick's Chophouse a public apology for barging in on his gala event with people all dressed to the tee and me wearing my levi's and a GMC hat, but I went there with someone who had been there earlier in the evening, to retrieve her purse...none the less I am sure it raised a few eyebrows when I walked in, and began blowing off flash and taking pictures, so I apologize for the intrusion even though I was there with good intentions...having said that the place looks fantastic and everyone there looked like they were having a great time...go try the place out, I am sure you will like it!